My friend's mom always used to make chicken and broccoli casserole, but I didn't love cooked broccoli. This is a variation on it with a different vegetable - and still delicious. It's a quick weeknight classic and can be customized however you like it. Serve with biscuits, rolls, or whatever starch you like! The protein and veggies are all in the casserole. The casserole smelled so good, we started eating before thinking about taking the photo!
Chicken Casserole with Asparagus
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk (I used soy milk)
- 1 package frozen asparagus pieces (not thawed)
- Appx. 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Appx. 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a casserole dish, mix the soup, milk, and seasoning.
Stir in chicken, covering with the soup mixture.
Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, covering the whole dish.
Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes.
Prep time - about 5 minutes
Cook time - 30 minutes
1 casserole dish and a serving spoon